Your Library Record
From within LibCat
From LibCat, use the "My Library Record" option to access your personal library account. If you need assistance, please visit the main service desk.
- Current student and employee accounts are automatically generated and updated through budget/payroll or student enrollment services
- There may be a time lag for the download when first enrolled/hired. To get library services before the download, bring your University ID to the main service desk during regular business hours (M – F, 8am – 4pm).
- Address updates cannot be performed through the library.
- Non-TAMU library users must get their accounts created at the library's main service desk and update their records. Apply for a library card (non-affiliated users)
- High school students must have the support of their school.
- Overdue high demand materials, rooms, and electronic equipment can result in fines.
- If your record is “blocked” you won’t be able to access your record online. For assistance, please contact the main service desk.
Reasons for blocks:
- Any materials 45 days or more overdue are declared “lost“
- Accumulated fines over $75.00
- Two overdue recalled books
- Keys for lockers & carrels not returned and locker/carrel has been abandoned or not renewed.
- Notices returned as undeliverable
- Name appears on list of current graduates or withdrawn students
- Dollar amounts owed to the library for fines or lost materials
- Unpaid fines billed 60 days after the total amount exceeds $75.00
- Replacement prices + $2.00 processing fee for lost/damaged materials
- Filed against student’s [SIMS] account
- Unpaid bills prevent registration or getting transcripts
- Instructors/Staff/Other library users have bills processed directly to the individual
- Fines and other charges can be paid at the first floor 'Ask Us' Desk
- Monday – Thursday 8:30AM – 11:30pm (30 minutes before closing); Friday 8:30AM - 6:00PM
- Weekends and holidays, call 979.845.3731 before coming to make a payment.
- Days and times subject to change.
- Credit cards, cash, or checks are accepted. *Fines do NOT automatically transfer to your campus account.
- Checks or money orders accepted by mail
- Make payable to:
Sterling C. Evans Library
College Station, TX 77843-5000
- Make payable to:
- If you believe your fine is a mistake or there was an extenuating circumstance, you may appeal using the web form Appeal fines and charges
- You will be notified of the outcome of your appeal after it has been reviewed
- If you have not heard back from anyone within 3 weeks, please contact the library at (979)845-3731
About to Graduate?
Return all borrowed items (books, journals, media, maps, locker keys, private study room keys, etc.). If items are not returned before graduation, the cost of the items will be billed to your student account. This could block you from receiving transcripts in the future.
Check your 'My Library Record'. Pay any fines listed (If you are appealing fines, please submit appeals 3+ weeks before you graduate.)
See your post-graduation TAMU Library use options.
- The library does not keep a record of materials previously checked out
- The only permanent record of past check-outs are those with fines or fees.
- The Texas Open Records Act, as amended in 1993, protects the identity of the individual library user from public scrutiny while allowing law enforcement officials access to such information by court order or subpoena, under a narrowly defined condition (Chapter 552 of the Government Code, Section 3 (a) (24)). Additionally, the library may be required to release record associated with Patriot Act investigations.
- See the American Library Association Policies on the confidentiality of library records available at their website for more information on library privacy issues.