How Do I Recall a Book (or Item) That Is Currently Checked Out?
- Locate the item and display its individual record in LibCat
- Click Recalls/Requests on the right side of the page
- Login to access your library account
- Click Recall Request
- Complete form with preferred pickup location
Demo of alternate method
When a book is recalled…
- New due date is assigned and book cannot be renewed
- Current user has 14 days to return the book before being fined
- Return book to the library 'Ask Us' Desk
- Fines are $1 per day with no grace period
- Notices will be sent to the requesting patron when book is available
- Returned Recall books will be held 10 days for pickupBooks with more than 1 recall will check out for only 14 days
What do I do if I am out of town and I receive a recall notice?
Return the item as soon as possible. If you will not be able to deliver it person, please arrange to mail it back to the library: Sterling C. Evans Library 5000 TAMU College Station, TX 77843-5000
During the winter holidays between the Fall and Spring semesters, recall requests for books from the University Libraries will not be placed.
If you have an urgent research need during the suspension for a checked-out book, please contact the Evans Library service desk at 845-3731. At the start of the Spring semester, all requests placed using the web form will be processed in the order in which they were received.