Mission, Vision and Values
We fuel discovery by satisfying the information needs of the Texas A&M University Community.
We envision the University Libraries as a nationally acclaimed academic library that
- commits to excellence in quality service to meet its customers' needs,
- promotes the use of progressive and innovative technologies to provide best access to information and resources,
- develops steadfastly a committed staff that applies ever higher professional standards to the continuous improvement of service quality,
- affords a stimulating, creative, and a flexible workplace, supportive and fair, where contributions are rewarded and long-term goals are emphasized,
- participates actively in the educational/research mission of the academy, and
- exercises leadership for the advancement of our libraries and the library profession.
At the Texas A&M University Libraries we will apply these principles in all of our activities. We will:
- recognize library users as our primary focus, which deserve effective service, accurate information, and an empathetic response,
- recognize library personnel as our primary asset, who deserves encouragement, development, and respect,
- encourage and support diversity within our organization,
- strive for consistently high standards to ensure quality service and product,
- challenge paradigms to improve the organization,
- value collaboration and teamwork to enhance the library's effectiveness,
- value the ideas and contributions of individuals,
- accept responsibility for the good of the enterprise,
- know our strengths and know when to ask for assistance,
- communicate with openness, honesty, respect, and sensitivity,
- act with courtesy, professionalism, and integrity.