Associate Dean, Special Collections; and Director, Cushing Memorial Library and Archives: Position Description
REPORTS TO: Dean of Libraries
Under the direction of the Dean of Libraries, responsible for all aspects of the special collections and archives units of the University Libraries. Key responsibilities include: Cushing Library’s collection development, public and technical services, Map & GIS Library (located in Evans Library) and archives and records management. Special responsibility as liaison with the Libraries’ Development officer in fundraising and working with external donors and groups including active participation in special events; also works with the Libraries Preservation Librarian and participates in the Libraries’ preservation program and strategies.
- Provide leadership and oversight for above named areas; regularly advise and inform Dean of concerns, new strategies, opportunities, etc.
- Direct supervision of the head of Map & GIS Library and all faculty and staff assigned to Cushing Memorial Library and Archives.
- Coordinates and works with the following offices and units in the University Libraries:
- Preservation unit for conservation and preservation strategies and needs;
- Business Services office for budget administration and expenditures;
- Marketing/Communications unit for special events;
- Development Office for donor opportunities, stewardship, and special events.
- Facilities Services for building concerns and issues
- Monitors archives management ensuring effective operations and compliance with University and state laws, regulations and policies related to records retention.
- Participates as a member of the University Libraries Executive Team; occasionally represents Dean on campus as requested.
- Pursue an active and ongoing program of professional development, research, and service.
- Actively engage and support library and TAMU diversity initiatives.