Statistics

Primary User Population Statistics (obtained from 2011 TAMU Statistics Booklet)

TAMU Libraries serve a diverse user population. Annual enrollment for Texas A&M University totals approximately 50,000 students with roughly 44,500 or 90% of those students being full-time. Of the total primary user population, 53.5% comprise of males with the remaining 46.5% females. In terms of ethnicity, the user population comprises of approximately 66% White, 15% Hispanic, 4.5% Asian, 3.5% Black, and the remaining 11% comprises of American Indian, International, or Other. For the most current statistics, consult Texas A&M University Data and Research Services.

Collection Statistics as submitted to the Association of Research Libraries (ARL)

The Libraries are dedicated to providing materials in a variety of formats accessible both on campus and remotely. Resources and expenditures include (as of the end of the 2010-2011 fiscal year) approximately:

  • 4,525,696 million volumes held
  • 1,085,618 eBooks held
  • 123,107 total unique serials titles
  • 5,589,329 million microforms held
  • $38 million Total Library Expenditures

Additionally, TAMU Libraries strive to be the best in class. For the 2009-2010 fiscal year, the Libraries were ranked 9th among ARL US Public University Libraries and 18th in ARL Overall ranking.